By now a lot of you must know about the brand The Ordinary. Here are my thoughts on the products I love and the ones you can give a miss. Side Note: I have dry skin and my age is 41.
Yes, it is an extremely affordable beauty brand. But does it do what it claims to?
The ones I purchased are from Beautylish.
In order of the picture above:
- Buffet : A water based serum. Apply before your regular moisturiser. I alternate this everyday with what’s next.
- Hyaluronic acid 2% + B5 : Again a water based serum which is supposed to plump skin.
- 100% Organic cold pressed rose hip seed oil : I apply only when my skin feels parched and stretched for moisture. I absolutely love oils because my skin needs them.
- Advanced Retinoid 2% : Here is the big guns. Well, I expected a lot from this one. It is meant to kind of reverse signs of ageing. This is to be applied only at night because retinoids make your skin more sensitive to the sun. Do more research before jumping on the retinoid wagon. I do apply this on alternate nights. I alternate it with Eluage emulsion-Avene, which my skin is addicted to.
- 100% Organic pressed Moroccan Argan Oil : I love Argan oil in any form. This was a bonus buy for me. I use this for my hair when damp.
Ok the brief is these products are a great start for skin care. Again, do your research well. You need to buy products best suited for skin. My dark spots have cleared a lot over the last few months.
The price point is a great incentive to try this range. They don’t change your skin dramatically but give you enough skincare.
This picture has no makeup except Dior lip glow and Dior brow styler. I did apply the rose hip oil from The Ordinary.